What We're Looking For
We are looking to develop longer term financial sustainability, building a mixed income stream, comprised of training / resource sales alongside large scale, multi-year grants, as well as local funding that enables us to deliver valuable projects to achieve community benefit in and around our base in Bishop Auckland, County Durham.
We are particularly seeking volunteer applicants with:
- A proven track record as a Non-Executive Director or Trustee of a VCSE organisation, who would be willing to take on the role of Chair of the Board.
- Strong financial expertise, who would be willing to take on the role of Treasurer.
The following skills and background will greatly strengthen our Board:
- Knowledge of fundraising, social enterprise and social impact measurement.
- Finance, accounting and or financial modelling.
- Charity or Social Enterprise Business Development.
- Legal professionals.
- Funding and Bid writing.
We welcome applications from those with protected characteristics.
This is a voluntary role with an expectation you would attend 6 Board meetings a year (weekdays), engage with our events & contribute time in between, supporting the Directors in an advisory capacity.
The role means taking on legal responsibility for Changing Relations. You would not be expected to get involved in operational management but would need to keep up to date with the stage we are at, our aims, priorities & financial position to hold the Operational team to account for financial and strategic decision-making.
28th February 2021 4:00pm
Email Managing Director Lisa Davis firstname.lastname@example.org with a current CV & covering letter detailing why you would like to be a Non-Exec Director for Changing Relations, what skills & expertise you will bring to the role & whether you’re interested in being Chair, Treasurer, or a Board Member.
You would need to be available on Friday 19th March for interviews.
You must also submit a Diversity Questionnaire which you can download here.