Help us, help you! In return for your feedback on our Demystifying Domestic Abuse: Education Toolkit, we are giving 10 teachers free access to our Schools Member Area for 12 months!
This Education Toolkit has been devised and developed by Changing Relations as a creative way to support teachers in their delivery of the RSE curriculum, aimed at children and young people aged 11-16 in secondary schools and other alternative education provisions.
Our aim in sharing this resource is to help young people distinguish between healthy and unhealthy relationship behaviours.
We hope that teachers will make full use of the education toolkit in their work with young people to improve responses to those affected now and to prevent domestic abuse in the future, by proactively supporting young people to make safe and healthy choices.
Some of the themes this toolkit examines are:
- Different kinds of relationships and the qualities of healthy relationships
- The context and motivation behind different relationship behaviours
- The range of manifestations of domestic abuse and underlying essence of power and control
- The impact of an abusive relationship and why it’s so difficult to leave
- Helpful and unhelpful responses to someone who is affected
- The diversity of people who can be affected
- The laws that relate to domestic abuse
To receive your free toolkit, please complete the form below and we will sign you up to the School Members Area of our website where you can download this resource and others, for free:
In return for free access to the toolkit we are asking participating schools/teachers to:
1) Complete a short survey at the start of the pilot so that we understand how you plan to use the toolkit (this will be sent to you as a survey monkey link)
2) Complete a survey at the end of the pilot so that we can understand how you used the toolkit, if there are improvements that you feel could be made and what you and your students valued (this will be sent to you as a survey monkey link to complete in July 2022)
3) Share some outputs of the toolkit in use (e.g. images of work created, images of collaborative work, images of plenary activity, examples of student assessments, observations/reflections on the impact on students)
4) Take part in a short interview (15 minutes) with our evaluator about the toolkit (expected to take place in July 2022)
We are also offering schools participating in this pilot a 90-minute CPD session on healthy relationships and domestic violence at the reduced rate of £250 (normal rate is £450). You do not need to purchase a CPD session to take part in the pilot of this toolkit.
If you are interested to know more about this CPD session, please let us know in the attached form, or email [email protected]
By registering above, you will benefit from a year’s membership to our Members Area which includes:
Our powerful creative content to use with your students
Curriculum-linked teacher toolkits with engaging lesson plans and activities
Printable student worksheets, including assessment for learning
About Changing Relations
We are here to support you breaking down gender barriers and fostering healthy relationships. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to teach these topics and support students with these issues.
Our educational toolkits are built around original and impactful creative stimuli, from films, to music and illustration. And you can rest assured that they have been created by teachers for teachers: Changing Relations is run by two trained teachers with 25 years' experience of working in education between us.
We are always working on new resources and expect to add additional domestic abuse-themed resources in 2022, that will help teachers from the pastoral perspective, supporting young people who have been affected themselves. This will include discussion plans and assemblies relevant for Primary as well as Secondary education.
If any of your colleagues are interested in signing up to our Changing Relations’ Schools Membership Area, please forward them to this page.